Working with Brakes Group
Distribution Centre Manager
As a business Brakes Group are currently working towards our 5 year plan. This consists of a large scale investment programme that will deliver a highly compelling customer proposition and continued profit growth. The investment programme will strengthen Brakes network infrastructure, product development, IT systems and people. Brakes Group is the leading player in the food market industry, and are looking for colleagues with the knowledge and experience to be part of this development and transformational change.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the South East Supply Chain team as a DCM in Thorpe.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Director as DCM you will be ultimately responsible for all aspects of operational and financial performance. Using your leadership talent you will guide and develop your team to deliver and exceed KPI targets.
To be successful you will have intimate knowledge of the supply chain industry within a multi temperature environment, strong financial acumen, high energy levels, and excellent customer relationship skills. Perhaps above all else, the ideal candidate will have highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to motivate those around them to perform to the highest possible levels.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ultimate responsibility for all on site operational activity
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of colleague retention and engagement
- Development of management potential on site, creating leaders for the future
- Accountable for setting and achieving budgetary and operational KPI's
- Driving the Health and Safety agenda
- Ensuring site compliance with company policy and all other legal and ethical obligations
- Provide senior support to the wider region or wider Brakes business as necessary
Specifically we are looking for people who have the following skills and experience:
- 7 years experience running a complex DC
- Preferably a CPC holder or with strong knowledge of transport legislation
- Preferably a member of CILT
- Demonstrably high levels of financial and commercial acumen
- Calmness under pressure
- Natural leadership qualities, previously managing significantly large teams through times of change
- Proven passion for customer relationship management